Sunday, May 9, 2010

Inspired by Him who gives me strength....

It is amazing the inspiration you can come across in day to day life that we all take for granted and usually disregard. I'm a hoarder of all memories and all things that make me smile. So excited to have a blog to savour all the precious moments I treasure, random thoughts and potential inspiration, for future creations. These things are gathered anywhere, on a long walk with your dog, reading your bible on a two hour bus trip to Bondi, to work(gah!),amazing music and lyrics shared by friends on late night car trips home.

This is what i have gathered this week....


Isaiah 61:10
10 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.

To think Jesus even appeals to my love of fashion. Such beautiful imagery of the hope we are promised if we believe. If righteousness and salvation were a dress I think it would look a lot like the picture above:)

Also....

Traveling home on Friday night, my sister and I were demanded not to speak as my friend introduced me to this new song I instantly fell in love and have been playing it ever since.
These lyrics stood out.

And we are homeward bound,And I,I want this more than life .- Lyrics from Whitely
( Thanks Jacqui x)

This week has made me realise that this is the one thing we should treasure above all else. To want it more than life it self. Jesus Christ, He brings true joy and happiness He is the giver of all things beautiful in this life and the life to come.
He is our inspiration.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment